In 2016-17, our Rotary Foundation turns 100. That’s a century of Rotary members changing lives and improving communities all over the world. And that’s definitely something worth celebrating.
Through our Foundation, Rotary members have supported thousands of projects to provide clean water, fight disease, promote peace, provide basic education, and grow local economies. We’ve also been a leader in the fight to eradicate polio worldwide.
The centennial is the perfect time to share this impressive record with the world. Join us in making sure that every Rotary member and people in every community know about the vital work of Rotary and its Foundation.
2017 Rotary Convention
We're marking the centennial with a year of festivities that began in Korea at the 2016 Rotary Convention and culminates at the Atlanta convention. Register for the convention, 10-14 June 2017, so you can take part in the celebration:
- Plan to attend the Foundation’s 100th birthday party
- Join past and current Rotary leaders and author David Forward for a book signing
- Visit The Rotary Foundation centennial exhibit in the House of Friendship
Ways to celebrate
Here are just a few ways you can join in and commemorate this historic milestone:
- Plan a special Rotary Day and invite everyone in your community to participate. It can be anything from a concert to a race to a birthday party with a giant cake in the shape of the Rotary wheel.
- Hold a fundraiser in your community to support a Foundation grant project, the Rotary Peace Centers, or PolioPlus.
- Organize or participate in a global grant or district grant project.
- Promote your club or district projects that are funded by the Foundation.
- Dedicate some club meetings to Rotary Foundation topics.
- Challenge members to increase your club’s contributions to the Foundation.
See more ideas for a Rotary Day event in the Centennial promotion kit.
Publicize your events
Promote your centennial events and projects by contacting local media and by using #TRF100 on social media. List the events on Rotary Showcase for more exposure.